Saturday, December 6, 2008

It's the simple things

Anyone who knows me well knows that I am a well-organized person trapped in a world of clutter and stuff. A lot of clutter and a lot of stuff! As I wandered through my apartment the other day, I decided I need to become a bit less cluttered. So, I set to organizing and arranging and sorting. Before too long I was completely overwhelmed and ready to give the mess up to the fates. Rather than just quitting, I decided the only way to effectively sort through the mess was to make the mess smaller. The only way to make the mess smaller was to get rid of some of the stuff. And the only way to do that was SLOWLY. In short, I needed a plan.

As I am very good at planning, I decided to go about the organization of my life in an orderly manner. As I am also very good at setting plans aside, procrastinating and letting good ides go by the wayside, I decided to make my plan very public. This way I make sure I am accountable and organized. Plus, I have been looking for a reason to get into the blogging world, and this is as good an idea as any (and better than some I have seen out there....).

Throughout the next few weeks I will be finalizing my plan for the reorganization and simplification of my life and my living space. Then, beginning on January 1, 2009, I will get down to the daunting task of putting that plan into action.

Stay tuned for more details....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay...I always claim to live simply....but have unbelievable piles of things. An original packrat. I do love your idea. Perhaps I may use your idea and your success as inspiration?? Don

MissLorieO said...

Of course! The more the merrier, and we can all keep each other on the path to "LESS STUFF". :)

Anonymous said...

Great idea! Being somewhat of a pack rat, I can appreciate the accumulation of things over a lifetime. I have been threatening myself to do something similar for quite a long time now. I may have to give strong consideration to developing a plan of my own. Thanks for the inspiration! Dan

Visitors So Far....