Saturday, May 16, 2009

A Stormy Saturday

I have been sitting here enjoying the spring storm that is rollong across New York State, thinking of things I have to do before I go to Ireland on Wednesday. I figured I had better catch up here before I get so far behind I lose count.

I have actually been intentionally letting the blog slide, because I got rid of many DVDs last week. Of course, I lost count and let it go too many days. So, I have 13 days to account for, and I got rid of 10 DVDs. Every once in a while, I get in a mood and just go through and purge any movies I know I won't watch again. This was one of those times. No pics, just a list:

Tuck Everlasting, spider-Man, The Treasure of the Sierra Madre, The Last Castle, Mona Lisa Smile, Miracle, Gone in 60 Seconds, The Others, The Haunted Mansion, and The Crucible.

That's ten. So, to get me through today I have these three tins that I have been saving forever, for something. One is a Christmas tin, one is a cookie tin, and one is a popcorn tin. And now they are gone:


That gets me through today. I'm actually going to go a little bit ahead, through Tuesday. Then, before I leave for Ireland, I will blog enough things to get me through the days of the trip. That way, when I get home, I will only have to get rid of the same number of things that I buy while I'm there.

So, for tomorrow, Sunday, I am tossing this pretty, but torn tank top:


And for Monday and Tuesday, two flower pots. They have killed the last 3 plants that they have held, so I figure it's fate they be shattered and discarded.


I also have a gift to make up for. Mom bought me a little tote for travel (it's packed already, and so is my camera, so no picture of it. But it's the greatest bag! It's a nice big tote that packs down to practically nothing and stores itself in its own little zipper pouch.

So, to balance that I'm getting rid of this:

Yes, that's a dust buster. (Dirt Devil, actually). It never worked that great, and has been completely non working for a few years now. Time to just toss it. I'll probably get a new one down the road; we'll see. For now, it's gone.

Okay, that's it for now. Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Mimi Foxmorton said...

I like coming in here....it's so snuggly and peaceful.......

My thanks for my postcard from Ireland.....hope you had a grand time........

Looking forward to pics and stories......

Fair Winds lovie......
~Foxmorton

Visitors So Far....