Sunday, May 3, 2009

Yeah, I'm a slacker....

I admit it. It's been that kind of week with allergies, work and just general PMSiness, and I let things slide. But I'm back now. And I'm making it up with books. anyone who really knows me will tell you that my books are my most prized possession. I covet them, I explore them, I arrange them, I collect them, and I even read them. And sometimes ~ ok, often ~ I end up with some I'll never read again, or that I don't really even like.

I have 11 days to make up for, and I have 11 books that are going. Some (of the fantasy ones) to my brother, some to the library.

These six are going to my brother. They are 2 trilogies of fantasy fiction that he'll probably like and I'm pretty sure he doesn't have them.




I think I'll give this one to him, too. He'll like it, and it will be a good one to keep for my nephew. :)


These are going to the library. They're just not worth the shelf space.


This one was all set to go to Ireland with me. I always bring "throw away books" when I travel, paperbacks that I'll read and leave wherever I am when I finish them. I've left books in airports, airplanes, hotel rooms, taxis, buses, park benches, etc. This was going to be one of them for this trip, but i discovered i already read it. So it's going to the library.


This one I am going to pass along to friends and family to read. I loved it! But I probably won't ever read it again, so after the book discussion this week, I'll share the joy. :)


So, that's actually 12 books. I guess I am set until Tuesday.

I've been doing really well on the shopping front. I have bought some fabric (ok, lots of fabric, and I'm not done yet), but I've decided to count the items I make rather than the pieces of fabric. I really need some new garb pieces for faire (skirts and chemises and bloomers, oh my....). So when I get home from Ireland, I'll be sewing and adding items. What fun!

Enjoy your Sunday!

No comments:

Visitors So Far....