Monday, March 19, 2012

I can do that! ~ week 5 of 52 Changes

Positive thinking. Optimistic outlook. That's the change for this, the 5th week of the 52 SmallChanges project. It's interesting, thinking of what has always been a non-tangible thing as a concrete change. A mind-set shift is in order, I suppose. Not so much the positive thinking, I do that a lot already, but the measurement and accountability of such.

Some steps I'll take at the suggestion of the book:

1. Shift self-talk - This will likely be that hardest for me, but I'll try. (see, there I go!)

2. Use Affirmations - I've actually been meaning to make my own list of affirmations for a while now, so I'll use this week to do that. I'll blog them at the end of the week (or when I think the list is complete). Sort of a personal mantra for myself.

3. Have a sense of humour- This one I have. I think I need to use this week to turn it to a bit more positive (less snarky?) sense of humour.

4. Take care of yourself - Well, that's what this whole project ia about, right? :)

5. Develop healthy relationships - Been working on this one for a while now. So far, so good.

6. Practice gratefulness - A faire friend is doing this as a daily FB post, and I must say, seeing it every day makes me stop and think about my own gratefulness.

7. Let go - Another tough one that I have been working on for a while now.

8. Celebrate your Strengths and Accomplishments - I do this pretty well already.

9. Forget your fears - Scary! Seriously, though, I do this every day.

10. Harness the Law of Attraction - I try to do this every day, too.

And one that I have come up with all on my own - No More Negative Facebook Posts. I'm not promising a life change, but I am going to try a whole week of positive FB posts. We'll see how that goes....

And so we go, into the world of the happy and optimistic people!

It's easy to be positive on such a gorgeous morning. The sun is shining, the birds are active, there is a soft breeze, the house smells like summer and Bailey is laying in a patch of sunshine that is shining through the open door. And actually I think I am a pretty positive person already. I like to see the glass as half full, I try to see the good in people (well, most people). But I guess we can all use work on this, so I will give it my all. Hmmm, that's a positive thought, right? :)

Thanks for listening.

2 comments:

Merlyn Mischief said...

Good job! I'm with you! :)

MissLorieO said...

Together is so much better! :D

Visitors So Far....