Monday, April 30, 2012

Week 11 of the 52 changes

I just realized that it has been 2 weeks since I posted on my progress. Eeegads!  It's been a busy few weeks, and the changes from the past two weeks (and this week's change, as well) are ones I have already been doing for a while.

Week 9 was Enjoy Time Alone.  This one's easy.  I live alone (for the next few months, anyways, but that's another blog post to come soon).  I am a very social person by nature, and I used to fight against the solitude and work to fill every minute with people and activity.  A few years ago, I decided to spend some time alone, on purpose, and I learned quickly how centering having quality self-time can be.

Week 10 was Stretch for 20 minutes, three times a day.  I already stretch 15 minutes, twice a day, in the morning and at night.  So, this one was easy, too. :)

Now we are on to week 11 already.  I can hardly believe we are already almost 3 months in to the project!  I hope your progress has been as positive as mine.  I feel better, I sleep through the night (well, most nights; I'd say 9 of 10), I have more energy and I feel like I am more productive in both my professional and personal life.

Week 11 is one that I already do, as well.  The change is ~ Learn to read the Ingredients List and the Nutrition Facts box on packages.  I've been doing this for a few years now, and recently have amped it up even more.  No high fructose corn syrup, no trans-fats, no artificial sweeteners, short ingredient lists, nothing I can't identify.  Since I had my high-cholesterol diagnosis in January (which set off this whole  plan), I watch very carefully for fat content (especially saturated fats) and sugars.  I also try to keep the whole grains high and the refined anything low.

Keep up the good work. Next week, we learn to breath....
Thanks for listening!


No comments:

Visitors So Far....