Monday, April 2, 2012

Week 7 of 52 Small Changes ~ Keep the outside out

Allergies have been a bane of my existence for as long as I can remember, mainly hay fever and outdoor allergies. Sneezing, headaches, asthma, sinus, and so on and so forth. So this week's change fits in with my needs very well.

Change 6 ~ Create a transition space to keep the outdoors out.

This is, however, much easier said than done for a small-apartment dweller with a dog. I do try to remember to take my shoes off when I come in the house. I'm not always successful, but I'm getting better. I have a shoe bench and small rug by the front door, so I do have a place to leave shoes when I get home. However, I have about 35 pair of shoes, so I can't keep them all by the front door. I have a small apartment with no real entranceway, just a front door that opens into my living room. Luckily I like barefoot best, so as the weather gets warmer, this one gets easier and easier.

So, I'll keep on trying, and keep on vacuuming, and look forward to the day when I have a place with a bigger entranceway with shelves for all of my shoes. :)

Thanks for listening.

No comments:

Visitors So Far....