Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Week 8 ~ A rainbow of vegetables

Progress is being made, changes are settling into routine. I'm finding myself readily drinking lots of water, taking my vitamin, sleeping through the night and thinking positive thoughts on a daily basis. The food diary is second nature, I move around a lot during my routine day and I am even remembering to take my shoes off (well, most of the time).

This week is another near gimme for me. The change is to eat 4-6 vegetables a day, which I already do on a fairly regular basis and have for a long time. I eat a salad at least once a day, either for lunch or dinner; I snack on cucumbers and carrots and other crunchy veggies. I pack the vegetables into my wraps and sandwiches; I make soups and stews chock full of different vegetables.

I do find myself slipping into different ruts with my meals, though, eating the same foods over and over and over.... So I will do the extra credit in the chapter and challenge myself to eat from all of the colors of the produce section. I will say that since starting this healthy eating lifestyle, grocery shopping has gotten a lot more fun.

More changes are on the horizon; stay tuned.... :)

I hope you all are doing as well as I am in this 52 week challenge.
Thanks for listening!

No comments:

Visitors So Far....