Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Why I love what I do

I truly love my job. It may not always seem it, and I may need reminding of that fact every now and then. But I LOVE my job.

My work day started with my monthly visit to a local preschool. As I entered the room, a chorus of 4 and 5 year old voices was raised, all saying,"She's here! She's here! She's really here!" They were so excited to see me, and they wanted me to stay and read the books all over again when I had finished. They were attentive, interested and excited. There's nothing like a class of 22 adoring kids to make a person smile inside.

The day finished with a 2 hour long, intense and emotional discussion of Gone With The Wind with a group of people whom I consider friends. I started my Connect With the Classics group over 3 years ago, and we have grown and developed into a literary family. Tonight was a fabulous discussion and I left work with the same wonderful feeling I had started the day with.

I truly love my job. And you know what? I am damn good at it. :)

And now, a couple of haiku:

This one was written last night in a fit of insomnia while looking out the window:

Haze over moonlight
obscures all but fiercest dreams;
starlight brings the frost.

And this one was written this morning after hearing the news:

Snow in the forecast~
blustery, windy and cold.
It's snuggle season!

Enjoy your Tuesday night!
Thanks for listening.

No comments:

Visitors So Far....