Wednesday, February 29, 2012

My kind of Snow Day....

When I woke up this morning, I drank a glass of water, stretched a little, looked out the window and then I turned on the TV. What's that? Rome Public and Parochial Schools.... Closed?? No other school listings, just Rome. Hmmm, must be a mistake. I looked out the window again. Nope, nothing. Just grass and a few patches of snow. I changed the channel, and there it was again. Hmmm. Okay, then. Gonna be that kind of day, huh? :)

Now, many of you already know that I am a huge NCAA basketball fan. To be more specific an SU basketball fan. Lifelong. Grew up in Syracuse, went to SU, love my Orange. One of the things I have ALWAYS wanted to do is see them play in the Big East Tourney in NYC; the ultimate kick-off to March Madness. And this is the year! Mom and me, my brother and sister in law and a few of her family members, too, are all heading to the Big Apple to cheer on the Orange. I have it all ... an orange purse, orange scarf, orange shirts, orange jewelry, even orange hair! The one thing I have needed, and putting off getting, is new jeans. I only have one pair, and I'm not in love with them.

I have been putting it off forever. Quite honestly, the only thing I like shopping for less than jeans is a swimsuit (ugh, need a new one of those soon, too). However, I can't go to a series of games in the same pair of jeans all week. So, after work tonight, I headed to pretty much the only clothing store in Rome ... JC Penney's (not thrilled with the changes in their pricing, but getting used to it).

Wandered in, wandered around, gathered several pairs of jeans and headed to the changing room to try them all on. Only to discover that I had to put them all back and get more in a different size ... A SIZE SMALLER!!! Yes, that's right, I have lost a size!!! I knew I was doing well. I feel good, I have had some compliments from random people, I'm being diligent, and I have lost about 10 pounds over the last month. But this is the first tangible evidence that something I'm doing is working.

And that's MY kind of Snow Day. :)

Thanks for listening.

3 comments:

scotlass66 said...

Yea!!!

Merlyn Mischief said...

YAY!!! Great job! Now my question...did you also get an orange pair? :)

MissLorieO said...

Thanks! I'm pretty happy about it. And no, I didn't get orange. They didn't have orange. :)

Visitors So Far....