Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Inspiration strikes

I have been inspired! Twice!


When I was a dreamy college student studying literature and writing and poetry, one of my favourite things to do was cut words and phrases from magazines and newspapers and put them together my way. It was fun and relaxing and a challenge to create collage poetry, and I didn't realize I missed it until this very moment. (Thanks Fox!) Collage poetry shall be a weekly task on my new creative project.


The other inspiration is from a project called a river of stones (http://ariverofstones.blogspot.com/). It is a writing project and looks like a very interesting one. However, as I have already started a few and planned many more such projects and challenges for myself this coming year, I have no intention to take part (I am taking note, however, for the future). It did, however, give me a great idea of my own.


I collect stones. Small stones from all over the place ~ all over the world, really. Where ever I go and whatever I am doing, I am so often compelled to pick up a stone. I often am drawn to them for no particular reason. I have stones from beaches and forests, from Ireland and Florida, from years ago and from last week. Honestly, the stones are starting to take over. They are in dishes and baskets and bowls, in crystal and ceramic and wood ~ all over my whole apartment! So, I am going to start selecting certain stones for certain people and sending them along. Each will carry a particular message, and each will carry a part of me with it.


I shall never stop collecting stones, and some of them will remain mine forever. This is just one small way to share myself, my thoughts and my travels with the people in my life.


And now to the daily project ~


Haiku:

Life brings surprises,

unknown and interesting.

Okay, bring it on.


Journal Jar:

What do you feel is dangerous?


Oh, the list is long and varied. Honestly, though, the things I once deemed as dangerous seem less and less so as life goes on. There's the insane, like skydiving, bungee jumping and other thrill rides that I would like to say I'd leap at the chance to do (not sure if I could, but I'd like to think so). Then there's the foolish, like driving without your seatbelt, drinking and driving, lifting with your back, and leaving candles unattended (you know, the things we have been trained to not do, and for actually good reason). But really, the only thing I see as truly dangerous is simple: not taking the internal risk. Whatever the risk is, take it. Otherwise you run the actual risk of living with regret. And that is truly dangerous, and irreversible.


Law of Attraction Card:

"To the Degree I Am Happy, I Am Successful"
Whether it's a trophy, money, relationships, or things, the achievement of anything you desire must be considered success. But if you will let your standard of success be your achievement of joy, everything else will then fall easily into place. For in the finding of joy, you are finding vibrational alignment with the resources of the Universe.


Thanks for listening.

1 comment:

Mimi Foxmorton said...

I love to collage and I love that you are re-inspired! (Also, I love that I love you as well!)

My Wanderers club also collects stones for each wander. A lovely project I found that we are going to do is to manipulate some chicken wire into a heart shaped basket and fill it with your special stones. I'm going to hang mine on Old Lugh, my favorite tree.

Have fun running muck with scissors!

xo
Fox
www.collagepirate.blogspot.com

Visitors So Far....