Monday, January 3, 2011

December was for practice

Just as New Year's resolutions are for rookies, I guess December was just for practice, for trying things and thinking about things and figuring things out. I should really have known better than to start a major project during the busiest month of the year. I waited until now to start up again, because I really don't want this to be a New Year's Resolution. So, I've thought about it, made some minor adjustments and I'm starting today, Monday, January 3.

First the daily plan....

Once a day I shall write an haiku and answer a journal prompt from my journal jar. This part shall stay the same. Once a day I shall also pull a Law of Attraction card (thanks Merlyn, I do love them) from the beautiful blue velvet bag I keep them in. These shall all be posted here.

Next the weekly plan....

I've been thinking about what to add in as a weekly task, and have come up with a couple of things I'd really like to do.

Once a week I shall send someone a piece of mail. A real piece of mail; not a text or an email or a voicemail. A letter, or a card or a small package. I love getting mail (especially the kind that is not a bill or junk mail), as I think most people do. I won't be posting these here, for obvious reasons. {NOTE: If you'd like to be on the list to get "real" mail, please send me your snail mail address via a private email message!} I did kick this one off today. I have to admit that I am looking forward to writing letters and cards at my new desk:


Once a week I shall also write a poem that is NOT an haiku. A sonnet, maybe; or an ode. A ballade or a lyric. Something different every week; I need to start challenging myself again with my writing and that should be a good start. These poems I shall post here.

I'm still working on the once a month things, but as I wasn't planning to start that until February, I am actually not behind on that one yet. :)

Okay, there's the plan. Now on to the project....

Haiku:
December's practice
leads into January
as the plan takes shape.

Journal Jar:
If you had to name one thing that most limits your freedom, what would it be?

Well, it would be really easy to say money is my biggest limit. I mean, if I had unlimited finances I could do anything. Right? If I'm to be honest however (and this is, after all, about self exploration and honesty should be the first rule), I'd have to say that my own insecurities are the biggest block to my freedom. I am working on breaking them down, and this year-long exercise is a big step in that direction.

Law of Attraction Card:
I Can Learn to Prioritize My Intentions
"It is important for you to identify which intentions you most want to fulfill, because as you prioritize, you give the singular attention to what is most important; and as you give that your singular attention ~ by the Law of Attraction ~ you attract power unto that intention that is most important to you.

And so the year has begun, the project has begun (again) and the exploration has begun. Thanks for coming along on the journey.
And, as always, thanks for listening.

1 comment:

Merlyn Mischief said...

Good Job! I'm following along! :)

Visitors So Far....