Tuesday, December 21, 2010

The Full Solstice Lunar Eclipse

So, here we are, just past mid-winter. The longest night of the year has gone. The shortest day of the year has ended. And we are on our way to spring, to light, to warmth and to faire. But I'm getting ahead of myself, I suppose.

I felt the power yesterday; did you? The power of the full moon, the power of the approaching solstice, the power of the nearing eclipse. It was a manic day, a flash of energy, a day of thoughts askew and emotions running high. And upon awakening this morning, I felt the calming, the smoothing of ruffled emotions, the bliss of the approaching light. I hope you did, as well.

And now, I give you....

Day 20~

Haiku:
Full moon under clouds,
hidden as earth's shadow nears;
yet power is there.

Journal Jar:
If you had to eliminate one emotion from your life, which would it be?

Hmmm, well, given the choice I wouldn't eliminate any of them. They are, after all, what makes us human (and what makes me, well, ME). Gemini are known for their strong emotions, their moodiness, their extremes of the heart and soul. I may bemoan the fact that I have these qualities, but to eliminate any of them would change who I am. And after years of exploration, creation, determination, hiding, praying, running, and finally standing strong, I like who I am.

That said, if I HAD to get rid of one, it would be the paranoia that strikes on occasion. It's not strong and it's not often, but it does happen. Especially when I start overanalyzing everything.


Day 21~

Haiku:
Really? Just 3 days?
That can't possibly be right!
I'm just not ready!

Journal Jar:
Did you wish you had more brothers or sisters? Why?

Having grown up as the oldest of two, I did sometimes wish there was an older brother or sister for me to lean on, learn from, be protected by and talk to. Not usually, though. I was pretty happy with things the way they were.

Thanks for listening!

No comments:

Visitors So Far....