Sunday, December 19, 2010

Days 14-19, a fast catch up....

It's been a crazy and busy week. I have been shopping and cooking and entertaining and dreaming and wrapping and writing and cleaning and planning and laughing a lot this week. Hopefully I'll be able to stay more on track after the holidays pass on by. I really may have been crazy to start this project during the month between Thanksgiving and Christmas!

I shall endeavor to catch up, all in one posting. I'll post the haiku and journal jar from each day, but you'll just have to believe me that I have thanked at least one person every day. Most days, more than one person. A couple of days I thanked one person, many times. I actually think I am going to take the thanking part off the blog. The moments have been personal and private and a few have been emotional. I shall continue to thank someone every day, but starting in January, I am going to add in another daily task (to be announced at a later date) here.

So, on with the writing....

Day 14~
Haiku:
I've fallen behind.
Beginning in December,
not the best idea.

Journal Jar:
If you could forever eliminate one specific type of prejudice from the earth, which would it be?

The one that affects more of my friends than any other is certainly the one surrounding sexual orientation. That would go first.

***
Day 15~
Haiku:
A place that is peace,
calming the spirit, mind, heart.
A walk in the woods.

Journal Jar:
If you could accomplish only one thing in the rest of your life, what would it be?

Wow, I have no idea. I probably should say something like eliminate world hunger, or establish world peace, or promote literacy. They are all a little grandiose for just me, though. I think if I could do just one thing, it would be to be as honestly happy as possible while making others as happy. Because, really, that is what it is all about.

***
Day 16~
Haiku:
Smells like evergreen,
snow sparkles, frost decorates,
etches the windows.

Journal Jar:
Between the ages of 5 and 10, what was your favorite activity?

Reading.

***
Day 17~
Haiku:
Dreaming of days past,
a chance to relive my youth.
What fun this has been.

Journal Jar:
Who do you need to forgive?

Myself.

***
Day 18~
Haiku:
A Sunday evening~
thinking about the weekend,
tired but happy.

Journal Jar:
Where were you and what were you doing when you heard about the Challenger Space Shuttle Explosion?

I was in school and my mom came to get me. I remember she was crying.

***
Day 19~
Haiku:
All caught up for now,
'til time again runs away
and I fall behind.

Journal Jar:
If you were to name the single best deed a stranger has done for you in your lifetime, what would it be?

Many strangers sent assistance and aid when I had my house fire. One girl gave me a teddy bear that was given to her in a difficult time. I thank her every day, although I know not her name.

***

And so I am caught up. Until tomorrow....

Thanks for listening.

No comments:

Visitors So Far....