Friday, December 10, 2010

I like to play

And this time I am playing catch up. I have a feeling I'll be doing that at least a few times over the next year. I shall endeavor to keep up as often as I can, but there will be days. And these have been days....

So, Wednesday. Day 8. The start of the second week. It's been a strange and rambling week full of extreme highs and deadening lows with lots of meh time in between. These shall be rambling posts, I fear; it's probably a good thing I have set a 17 syllable limit on the poem part. :)

Wednesday was the slow end of a week of snow, and we have a grand total of... are you ready? 4 inches. Yes, that's right. Syracuse, just 26 miles down the Thruway, has over 4 feet; Rome has just over 4 inches. Weird. I find myself wondering if this will be the way of the winter ~ backwards, twisted and a little uncertain. Is it a harbinger of the time to come, a sign of the turmoil? Or is it just a fluke of the season? Only time will tell. (Yeah, I have been doing deep thinking lately *grin*)

Okay, on to day 8....

~*~ First, I will write an haiku every day. (this one is for all the kids in the Rome/Utica school districts who had to watch as EVERY other district was closed at least one day this week. I remember those days)

Watching, is school closed?
It's been snowing for 5 days.
Still just four inches!


~*~ Second, I will thank someone for something every day.

I thank a stranger (probably actually someone I know ~ a kind co-worker, or a patron maybe) who brushed my car off for me on Wednesday. It was all set for me to drive home. Very nice. Pass on the kindness, and not just at this time of year.


~*~ Third, I shall use my journal jar every day.

Prompt:
Woud you prefer a girl or boy child? Would you like to have the choice to determine the gender of the child?

Hmmm, this is one that has definitely changed over the years. If asked this question ten years ago, I would likely have said definitely a girl. Now, after enjoying my nephews so much, I would really have to say it wouldn't matter. I can see the positives (and the negatives) in raising both boys or girls. If I were to have a child, I'd definitely let the fates, the powers that be, and the chromosomes decide the gender.

Bonus: a picture of Bailey in the snow (in Syracuse....)



Thanks for listening.

No comments:

Visitors So Far....