Saturday, December 11, 2010

Day eleven

It's been a long and busy, but a very relaxing Saturday. I made soup today, lots of very good slowly simmered soup. The hibernation bug has set in apparently, and I am stocking my freezer for the long winter's cold. My house smells of spices and herbs, cozy and warm. I also sorted and organized and cleaned and read and played in the snow. And I stressed a little, and I worried a bit, and I let the angst wash over me until it was gone. Almost. I thought, a lot and about a lot of different things; but I didn't come up with any answers. I read some astrology and played with some tarot, but I didn't get any answers there either. I do know one thing, though. I am lucky. Life is good. Stress solves nothing, but it seems to be a good diet plan. Okay, that's three things (maybe four....).

So, we are at day eleven....


~*~ First, I will write an haiku every day.

Dark, clear winter sky~
a hazy crescent pierces
the frost laden night.


~*~ Second, I will thank someone for something every day.

Hmmm, it's interesting. I have spent this entire day in the company of only Bailey (my dog). It has been so long since I spent an entire day without any human interaction! I guess I have to thank the mailman for leaving my package on the chair on the porch, so the melting snow wouldn't get to it. (The UPS guy left my neighbor's package right near where an icicle is dripping; I was nice and moved it.)

~*~ Third, I shall use my journal jar every day.

What emotions surface when you see small children?

Well, that entirely depends. Most of the time when I see small children, I am at work and no emotions surface, really. I am glad for small children (job security), I am tired of small children (well, their parents mostly), I love small children (my nephews). And yes, when I see a baby, I get all gooey and have to hold him or her.

Thanks for listening.

No comments:

Visitors So Far....