Friday, December 10, 2010

A frolicsome Friday

Ahhh, Friday. Finally Friday. Frolicsome, fun, fanciful, foot-pampering Friday! I drove in to Syracuse last night after work, as Mom and I had early appointments for spa pedicures today. And it was bliss. We relaxed and chatted and were pampered. We went home through the snow in flip flops and let our toes dry and warm up. We went to Wegmans! (I miss Wegmans *sigh*). I was able to leave the stress and thoughts and worries and work and angst of the week behind and just enjoy some Mom time. Bailey got all dressed in his fleece jacket and boots and played in snow over his head, then he barked to come in, warmed up and dried off and went out to do it all over again. It was just what we both needed.

Then I came home and found that the stress and thoughts and worries and work and angst of the week had really been left somewhere along the Thruway, well most of them. I am at the end of day one of a three day weekend that is all mine. Bailey is all curled up and cozy in his warm bed, nose tucked under his tail, dreaming about the squirrels that got away; I can hear his little dreamy barks and yips and see his tail twitching and his legs wanting to run and run.

The house smells wonderful. I have a fridge full of turkey and broth and vegetables. Tomorrow I am making soup and making truffles and relaxing and writing holiday cards and playing in the snow with my dog and reading about Claire and Jamie and crocheting an afghan and enjoying ME time (and yet....). I shall enjoy me. For when I enjoy me, it is easier to let others know me.

And my toes are pretty.

So, on to day ten~

~*~ First, I will write an haiku every day.

Time with Mom, priceless ~
pretty toes and lots of laughs.
Memories that last.


~*~ Second, I will thank someone for something every day.

Today I thank Dad. He took my car over to the garage and got me new windshield wipers while Mom and I were getting all pampered. Thanks! Really, what would we do without the Dads?


~*~ Third, I shall use my journal jar every day.

Prompt:
If you could eliminate one cause of death on earth, what would it be?

Cancer.

Thanks for listening.

2 comments:

Merlyn Mischief said...

This was lovely. Really evocative of the day and expressive. Your mom sounds like so much fun...loving the haikus a LOT btw :)

and I'm doing much of the same as you....we must be sisters :)

keep up the good words! :)

Anonymous said...

Men's Uggs have been seen on stars from Ronnie Wood, guitarist with the Rolling Stones, to Leonardo DiCaprio and [url=http://www.mpboots.co.uk/]cheap ugg Boots[/url]
Justin Timberlake. These UGG boots sale UK have in spades come a long way from www.dalinsell.co.uk
their humble origins. From sheep shearers to WWII aviators to 1970s surfers to modern stars, they've been worn by plenty of folks.
What To Look ForAlmost any winter boot can be utilised for snowshoeing as extended as it is waterproof. Take into account the kind of snowshoeing you favor to do first. If you are a snowshoe runner, look at waterproof boots that are lightweight and double as hikers.
Immediately after the bolls are accumulated the material wants to be content spinner not to mention complex inside string. The labyrinth was fairly considerably all achieved by hands by way of to the warehousing innovation which in turn started in the uk triggered by a shortage 1700s. The most crucial system utilised in the creation of egyptian cotton had been introduced by Lewis Henry as nicely as Sara Wyatt of Penge,ugg sales, The uk when it comes to 1738.
But just about the only time you can not put on Ugg Boots is in the course of specially wet or muddy climate, the suede does not hold up as properly to all those conditions. So, winter months, spring, summer season, or fall, Uggs operate entirely. It not only makes your feet snug but also can make you appear spectacular and trendy in any period.
Legent stunning MBT Lami shoes nevertheless generations. My loved ones is fans of MBT shoes. My grandfother told me the story about MBT shoes - Throughout his go to to the Far East, the Swiss engineer Karl Muller was walking barefoot on a rice field and realized that walking on this surface really relieved his back discomfort.
They have all the styles of boots for guys, girls, kids, and infants. They also come in several hues just as their boots come in distinct style from traditional to contemporary and hip patterns. You can also find ladies boots with heels [url=http://www.dalinsell.co.uk/]ugg Boots sale[/url]
and polished women's boots.

Visitors So Far....