Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Learning new strategies

One thing I have gotten pretty good at is improvising. I have lots of stuff (well, that is why I am doing this experiment and writing this blog, after all), and I have been getting pretty creative about using some of it for unique things.

For example, I have lots of candle holders. I mean I have LOTS of candle holders. I just can't seem to ever get rid of them. They are all different, and they are all pretty, and they all sit around collecting dust and taking up shelf or storage space.

The other day I was cleaning the bedroom and I was at the point of organizing the top of my dresser. I keep my makeup and lotions and moisturizers and other such stuff there. Well, I wanted a better way to store my lipsticks and eye pencils than just tossed in a bin together.

So, I wandered through the apartment thinking about it, and came across two matching votive holders that were just sitting on a shelf collecting dust. They would probably have been in the "to toss" box before long.

I cleaned them up and:

Perfect!

It's just a matter of finding the right item for the right job, even if it's not the job that item was originally intended to do.

I love learning new things!

No comments:

Visitors So Far....