Sunday, February 8, 2009

A productive weekend

This was a working weekend; actually it still is. A solitary weekend, just me and Bailey. A productive weekend. I spent yesterday ~ Saturday ~ cleaning, organizing, sorting through, and rearranging the bedroom. It was time. Actually, it was WAY past time. I had intended to do it that week I had off in January, but I spent more time away from home than I had intended.

It was a dusty, sweaty, back aching weekend. Moving furniture, vacuuming in places not vacuumed in over 6 months (oooh, the dust bunnies), and just all around deep cleaning.

I also found many items that will be discarded and logged here over the next weeks. Many, many items. And I am still going through stuff.

For today (actually, for today and yesterday) I am settling on 2 items long overdue for the haul out. My old comforter and my VHS/DVD combo.

The comforter has been long for the road; I just had to remember where I packed it away at the end of last winter. It is well used, well washed, much repaired and missing lots of the filling. It was time to say good bye.

The VCR/DVD player has been hanging around, collecting dust and taking up space for several years now. The DVD part stopped working about 2 years ago, so I have had a separate DVD player hooked up, too. I tested the VCR part yesterday, and it creaked and whined and ultimately stopped. So, I guess it's time to toss it.

And now I am off to more organizing and sorting and arranging and........

No comments:

Visitors So Far....