Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Making changes

This is my year for making changes. Positive changes. Helpful changes. Hopefully, lifelong changes.

January was the month for getting started with the organizing of my stuff. I've done well so far, and I'm in the routine of getting rid of stuff every day. I've also gotten out of the splurge and just because shopping habit. It's always right on the top of my mind that if I get something, I have to get rid of something.

Now we are beginning a new month, and I'm adding a new change. I'm going to begin focusing on nutrition and healthy eating. I added a new app to my iPod Touch ~ Lose It. (Thanks, Peter!) It's a great application! It lets you program in all of your personal data, where you are and where you want to be. Then you set a goal and it sets up a daily calorie quota. You can add in all that you eat, as well as the exercise you do, and it keeps track for you. You can use the foods they have in the database, or add your own custom ones, including recipes. It keeps track of calories, nutrients (fiber, fat, protein, etc.)It's fun, it's easy, and it's going to keep me on track.

I don't plan to keep a seperate blog for this new "resolution" I am starting, but I may give updates now and again. I am loving my new iPod!!

Thanks for listening. I'll be back to posting about Living Simply later tonight....

No comments:

Visitors So Far....