Thursday, February 26, 2009

Fly Dragonflies and be free....

Okay, a bit dramatic, I know.

I collect dragonflies. Well, not the actual dragonflies, not the bugs. That would be just mean and icky. I collect things that have dragonflies on them, things decorated with dragonflies, and dragonfly jewelry, accessories and knick-knacks. I have a great collection of dragonfly pins, and I often wear them. Unfortunately, a few of them are broken. I have been hanging on to them, and I guess it's time to let them go.

So, here's two of the broken ones for Wednesday and Thursday:

This is a pretty rhinestone and silver pin.


If you look carefully, you can see where the clasp part is broken.


This was one of my favourites for a long time. It's shimmery and irridescent.


But one of the blue enamel parts broke off a while ago, and I was never able to find it.


Ah well, I have lots more dragonflies to wear. These will be missed, though.

No comments:

Visitors So Far....