Sunday, March 1, 2009

Another fine weekend

First, a bit of a catch up. I'm feeling chatty, so bear with me. This was a long and very good weekend. Relaxing, energizing, expensive and cathartic. It started on Friday with a good massage and a wondrous facial (thanks, Dad!!) at Matthew's Salon and Spa. I was pampered and beautified and stretched and soothed; honestly a morning of true bliss. This was followed by an afternoon with my heart-sister, Merlyn. We spent an hour or so at the Everson and then had a great munch and chat at Dominick's. Well, I had a munch, she had a slurp *grin* (she's fasting, broth was all she could indulge in). But we had a great chat and I am already looking forward to the next one.

Yesterday was a work day; a long, busy work day. It ended with my Dan coming in for a quick visit. Quick, but very expensive. Last night was for The Mummy Returns, The Scorpion King and homemade lasagna. Old favourites we could just snuggle and laugh with and not have to think too hard.

Today we took the plunge and booked a trip to Ireland for May (that's the expensive part). Three nights in Galway, four in Limerick. A week of travel, exploring and togetherness. Huzzah!! So, as we're now both pretty broke, we then relaxed, ate fresh fruit (Dan had more lasagna; I guess I did good) and watched The Barchester Chronicles. The whole mini-series on DVD. A young Alan Rickman at his best. I highly recommend it.

Okay, now that you're caught up, it's time to do the daily toss; well, the weekend toss, actually. I have Friday, Saturday and today to account for (I seem to run in 2 or 3 day stretches now). Plus, I got myself a Brita pitcher this weekend (what a difference!!), so I have an extra something to throw in to the mix. I think this will be the end of the hair stuff. I have finally reached the bottom of the basket (I'm keeping the basket *grin*).

Starting simple. Bobby pins (I wonder why they're called that? I'll have to research that sometime). I have thousands of them. Well, maybe not really thousands, but I have lots of them. So, I am tossing a bunch of them.


This is a pretty leather barrette with feathers that I used to wear a lot. It's not really my style any more, and I haven't worn it in a few years. (I'm throwing in the black hair wrap for biking as a bonus.)


I finally went through my claw clip collection and am tossing all of these. I kept 3 or 4 that I use a lot. The rest are going.


Ditto, the snap clip collection.


Last, but not least, this barrette. I have wanted to like it, but I just really don't.


That's it for this weekend. And that's it for February. March has worked its way in gently, so I am afraid we may be in for a rough late winter. On a positive note, I have been successful with this plan for 2 months, and with my healthy eating plan for a month. So, I guess it's time to start another plan. For March it's going to be movement. More stairs, less elevators. More walking, less sitting. More yoga, less tv. More movement, less lethargy.

I have decided this is the year that's for me; being a better me, a stronger me, a more peaceful me and a happier me. Hell, I turned 40 in the past year; I guess I've earned it. So each month I am going to add in another thing that will help me focus on me. And if it makes me a better me, I can be a better person for those in my life that matter. I won't bore you with the details of all the plans as they progress, but I'll keep you posted as the months roll along.

No comments:

Visitors So Far....