Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Shopping Spree (part 1)

I can't believe it's Tuesday already! I know I have some real catching up to do, but first I have a confession to make. I did something this weekend that I haven't done since this project began at the start of the year. I gave myself permission to shop. I went to Target and a few other stores (I even went to Amazon.com) and allowed myself to buy stuff. And you know what? It was really hard. *grin* I found myself making excuses to myself about why not to buy something. Forever it has been the other way, and now I have broken the habit of justifying purchases.

Now, don't get me wrong; I did shop a bit. Let's see, I got:

A new DVD to add to my musical collection. One of my favourites, too!


A CD at a concert (a night at the pub, actually, with live music) on Saturday night. Great night, great music, fantastic food and drink ( a bit too much of both of those...), and wondrous company! Poor Ould Goat rocks!


Two journals (one to take to Ireland in May, the other just because)


A water bottle for home and travel (to go with the new Brita filter pitcher, of course *grin*)


A neat travel mug for tea. It has a place to put the tea bag or loose tea, then you pop it down into the hot water and pop it back up when your tea is steeped. I just couldn't resist!


A new travel hair dryer and a new hair brush.




And finally, five (yes, that's right, five) new pretty t-shirts.



So, that's 13 things. Plus Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. A grand total of 17 items and I'll be caught up. Stay tuned for part two to see the discards.....

No comments:

Visitors So Far....