Saturday, March 14, 2009

Sweaters, shoes and suitcases

This was a fairly uneventful week. Well, except for the late nights watching the 'Cuse win in OT at the Garden all week. Go SU!!

I have 4 days (plus a purchase) to select things for. I have started going through my winter clothes in prep for putting them away and getting the spring stuff out. So I have three sweaters, a pair of shoes (yes, shoes) and a suitcase.

First the sweaters:
A red one that is very cropped.


A purple striped turtleneck that I haven't worn is a few years.


And a fuzzy baby blue one (enough said, I think).


Plus, I have this lovely pair of green shoes. What was I thinking, you ask? I have no idea. They look like leprechaun shoes!

That catches me up to today. Now for the purchase I made.


I have always wanted a purple suitcase. And the other day, while I was in Marshall's, I saw this one:


Isn't it gorgeous?? And it's a Nine West bag!


Listed at Macy's for $280!! Well, I told myself no and left the store. (I did get a new set of sheets, and packed an old set away to donate, more about that later). That night I had a dream (I know, very cliche) that I was in an airport luggage pick up surrounded by black suitcases and couldn't find mine. Hey, it was a sign. I figured if it was still there... So, after work that day, I stopped by on my way home and bought it. I have a few trips coming up, so it is a practically necessary purchase. :)

And this is the one it is replacing:


It's not in terrible shape and is still usable. Just a little banged up:



Here's what I am going to do. I'm going to use the old suitcase to pack away any household goods and other items that are still useful; and when it's full, I'll donate it all to the local women's shelter. That's where the sheets will go, as well as some towels I have replaced and other goods and clothing.

That's it for today. I'll probably be back on Monday with more. Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Mimi Foxmorton said...

Ahoy lovie!

What a grand wee stumble I took this fine 'morn!

Lover-ly blog....just lover-ly!

Fair Winds t' ye this day.........

xox
~Foxmorton

MissLorieO said...

Thanks for stopping by; I'm so glad you found me! It's been an interesting and exciting experiment so far. :)
Hugs~
Lorie

Anonymous said...

Hello, Luv!

I'm wondering what you're going to do when we get back from our extended shopping trip in Ireland! Well, we'll have fun collecting new treasures, eh?

Hugs!

Your Dan

Visitors So Far....