Saturday, March 28, 2009

"Where the Red Fern Grows" still makes me cry

I signed up for a new site today; Plinky. It's writing prompts, blogging ideas, inspiring questions ~ that sort of thing. I don't know how many of them I'll push over here; I may start a new blog for them if I like it that much. But here's the first one. (And I know I am a week behind reporting on discards. I have been busy this week, but I have been following the plan and documenting things all week. I just have to sit down and get the pics up to the blog. Tomorrow. I promise.)


It was fifth grade. Everyone (all 3 classes) was reading "Where the Red Fern Grows" in study hall. We had a sub; her name escapes me. I think it was the gym teacher. So, there we were. 60 or so fifth grade kids reading quietly. Then one of us started to cry. And then another. The next thing you knew, the whole room was in tears. Sobbing hysterically as only a dramatic fifth grader can. And there stood the teacher. A class of crying kids with no idea why and no idea what to do about it. And so she stood there and cried.

No comments:

Visitors So Far....