Tuesday, March 31, 2009

It's all about the convenience....

The question was where would I get my news if newspapers went away...

I do read the news on the Internet. I admit it. I don't subscribe to a newspaper. Personally, I don't think my local fish wrap is worth the cash. I am thinking of subscribing to the Syracuse paper, but I haven't yet. And if I do, it will be weekends only, so I can get the coupons.

I read my news on the Internet. Does that make me a bad person? I don't think so. It makes me efficient, I guess. I am already on there, might as well read the headlines. Sometimes I even click on a link and read a whole article. It really doesn't take me long. I only read the score for sports, and the occasional article or editorial if it pertains to my team. I have very little interest in pop culture, and the new movie times and reviews are all available on my iPod. It's mostly the main US and World news; let's face it, I don't really want to read most of it. It's too depressing.

I get most of my favourite columns in either email or RSS, so there's no loss there. That way I can read a week's worth (or a month's worth) in one fell swoop without a month's worth of papers piling up. (It's bad enough I let the magazines sit there until the piles topple over.)

I also subscribe to several newspapers vie email. They are all from Ireland, Scotland and the BBC, though. What can I say, I'd rather watch the BBC shows and movies, too.

I will say, though; I miss the comics. They are just not the same online.

No comments:

Visitors So Far....