Friday, January 2, 2009

Culling the cookbooks, part 1

I love to cook. I absolutely love to cook. And bake. And thus I have an unreasonable collection of cookbooks and recipe collections and magazines featuring recipes and techniques. In fact, I have too many for the designated shelving in my kitchen and they have thus trickled out to the hall and are stacked in cupboards, too. So, I decided to start sorting through them, beginning with the various cooking magazines (mostly Wegman's magazines with a few BH&G and others thrown in for good measure). I went through all of them, cutting out the recipes I think I'll actually try; if I like them they'll end up in my recipe box ~ much more manageable. So, I am now down 27 recipe magazines. I can't really donate them anywhere, as I have cut them up, so they're out to be recycled.

BTW ~ I have decided that collections, sets and multiples will count as one item if I discard them all at once. I may run into trouble with this new "rule" later down the road when I am searching for things to remove from my possession, but for now it makes sense.

Cookbooks, part 2 ~ another day, or maybe another week.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I think photographic evidence would be fun!

MissLorieO said...

I was thinking the same thing just a few minutes ago. (great minds, and all that....) I'll probably start snapping shots on some of the days. As I get more into the blogging part, I'll be adding more features to it.
Happy New Year!

Visitors So Far....