Sunday, January 4, 2009

How many Christmas sweaters do YOU have?

Just a quick post today. It's a busy Sunday with football on TV, soup in the crock-pot and loads and loads of laundry to do. Today I am putting all of my seasonal and holiday clothes away for another year. I have this great Christmas sweater (okay, I have MANY great Christmas sweaters and tops). But this one is special. My mom gave it to me. It was my first one, and I love it. But I have worn and washed it so much the embroidery is half gone, the sleeves are too short (how does a sweater shrink in only the sleeves??), it's becoming unraveled at the bottom edge and you can hardly tell what it once was. So, I toss it, and have the first emotional reaction of the project. But I haven't worn it in a few years, it's not donatable or regiftable, I got a lot of good wear out of it. And I have a lot of other great things my mom gave me that I'll keep fore'er.

No comments:

Visitors So Far....