Thursday, January 29, 2009

Gems, sparkly bits, jewelry...

I have a lot of jewelry.
Actually, I have A LOT of jewelry.
Some costume, some fashion, some genuine gems.
Earrings, bracelets, necklaces, pins, rings, watches.
Old stuff, new stuff, hand me downs and heirlooms.
Individual pieces, matching sets.
Some I wear all the time, some for "good" only, some for faire.
None of is worth much; it's just fun. And pretty. And mine.

Today I selected as my item a pair of earrings I have had for a long time. I love them, but they are broken and I haven't been able to find the missing pieces in over a year.

Here's what they're supposed to look like:


But this is the broken one:



I hated to toss them, but they have been hanging around for a long time and I'm just not going to ever wear them again.

So, the first of the jewelry entries is done. But not the last, I can assure you.

No comments:

Visitors So Far....