Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Hello, operator....

There is one practice I began during this project that is really helping. I have small boxes, bags and bins that I use to collect things I may or may not discard. I have a box for picture CDs that have unknown pictures on them. I have one for loose picture. I have a bag for stray gloves and one for stray socks. I have a tray for lose earrings with no visible match.

And I have a bin for extra and unknown wiring and miscellaneous electronic stuff:

There are wires that I have several of, wires I have no idea what they do or where they go, wires that go to things I don't even have any more, and a few that I am certain I will never need. I have been VERY careful to collect these and not get rid of any without being CERTAIN of what I am doing. But there are a few I am pretty sure I'm safe tossing out.
Like these:

Phone wires. From old phones? Old modems? Who knows.
I do know that I'll never need them. I'll never go back to dial-up (even my phone isn't dial-up any more). If I get a new phone, it will most likely come with a new wire.
So, out they go.

2 comments:

Lisa M. said...

Don't we all have a drawer filled with this spaghetti? It's good to have company!

MissLorieO said...

Yes, and it feels good to finally have a little order in that drawer! Only a very little order so far, but hey... it's a start! Thanks for stopping by!

Visitors So Far....