Sunday, January 18, 2009

Hair style in a bottle

I'm catching up after a busy weekend of excellent Mom time, SU basketball and snuggling. Hope everyone had as good a weekend as I did (so far, at least ~ go Eagles!). Let's start with Friday's addition to the "things no longer mine" entries.

Let me just say that I have straight hair. Nearly pin straight, very little body, practically no wave (much less any curl). I have a lot of it, but it is fine, straight hair. And finally, after 40 years, I have come to terms with that fact. And you know, it's not so bad. It takes a bit of a curl when I want it to, and it takes to color and highlights very well. See, it even takes blue pretty well:

It's very shiny and smooth when I treat it nicely. It's easy to work with on normal mornings when I am in a hurry to get ready for work. So, it's not all bad. Actually, it's pretty good.

With that in mind, I decided to clean out the bathroom cupboard of several styling aids. I finally have come to admit that just styling your hair with things made for curly hair does not make your hair curly. At least it does not make my hair curly. It makes my hair sticky, frizzy, stiff, dull, and many other things. But it doesn't make it curly. So, out goes the collection of hair products I'll never use.

I think that some of them might be put to good use by Mom, so off they will go with me to Syracuse. You see, her hair used to be long and pin straight, as well. And over the years, it has become curlier. Does this mean there is hope for me? One can only wait and see.

Stay tuned for the next catch-up entry.

No comments:

Visitors So Far....