Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Extra items out the door

You may remember that part of this whole deal was that for every item I acquire (through purchase, gift or any other means) I would get rid of an extra "thing" that day. And it just so happens that I acquired not one, but two things today. Very cool, much wanted things, but still....

The first thing I got today is the second season of the show The Tudors on DVD. It is one of my favorite shows (despite never actually seeing it on Showtime) and I've been waiting (mostly patiently) for this to be released; I had it on order long ago, and was so happy to have it delivered today! Yippee! Or mayhap Huzzah!!

The second thing I got today is my new toy, a 16GB iPod Touch. I have been researching them for a while, and finally took the plunge. And can I just say, it's the COOLEST toy ever!!

So, here I am with two great new things, and two things have to go.

I decided that certain things like books (including cookbooks), shoes by the pair, jewelry, and clothes, would be dealt with on an individual basis rather than a whole collection as one item.

I selected 2 cookbooks to donate to the library: LooneySpoons and Dad's Cookbook. I use neither of them, neither have any sentimental value, and I can do without them.

2 comments:

Jules said...

Hi,
Why didn't I think of that! Here I am drowning in clutter and it should be obvious, but I guess I'm a natural bower bird! OK, good idea! I'm gonna write that down somewhere and try to do it. I'll have to say tho..it's gonna be really painful to decide what to throw away...

MissLorieO said...

Hey there~
Thanks for stopping by! I'll admit that it starts out slightly painful, but I am becoming more and more surprised at how much fun I am having. I get to take a full year to clean and organize my whole apartment (can you say procrastination as a process??), I get to be creative with the blog, and I will actually have accomplished something at the end of it.
It's a fun trade off to the getting rid of stuff part.
:)

Visitors So Far....